Saturday, July 31, 2010

July 31, 2010

End of Week 5 and beginning week 6.   Only 9 more radiation treatments.  Today, the second chemo pack comes off after 96 hours of constant chemo.  For those of you who have been praying for me to get through this therapy, know that those prayers have been answered.  Both chemo sessions have been very uneventful and compared to my cohorts who have been very sick and even hospitalized, I consider myself quite blessed and Thank God for giving me this blessing and Thank God for all of you who have been praying for me, sending me little tokens of caring and words of encouragement.  Not much to report as I'm just extremely tired and do a little bit at a time and then take a nap.  Very sad for someone like me who likes to move at Mock 5 all the time.  I am assured by my cohorts that my energy level will slowly start to return when the therapy is over.  I so look forward to that.  So, for now, this will be a short blog.  Just wanted everyone to know the status and will be in here again in a few days.  Be well, Marilyne

4 comments:

  1. Michele Van HalangerAugust 1, 2010 at 7:12 PM

    YEah for Mar! Yeah for God! He is faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in your last 9 treatments!! It's almost over!!! WooooHooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mar! I think you are amazing--5 weeks of chemo and you still have energy to write this post--I hope it's over soon and you can slowly get back to normal. Love you and praying for you! Georgy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone. Would not have thought I was amazing yesterday when I was so sick I wanted to curl in a ball and stay there for about a month. The chemo itself wasn't that bad really but they told me a few days after would be brutal and it was, still is. being on the computer is my salvation. I can type a response when I feel up to it or rest when I do not. I love the fact I can do this and get wonderful notes like this. Thanks all. Hope that everyone is doing well. Love, Mar

    ReplyDelete