Friday, June 25, 2010

June 25, 2010 - Simple Thoughts

The last few days I've been having a virtual 'conversation' with a woman on one of the cancer sites who came in, verbal guns blazing through a facade of realistic thinking that took the wind out of my sail as well as others on the forum. The negativity, anger and ugliness that she exuded was more than I could bear. I wrote back. First just stating an opinion and offering friendship and listening to which she slapped my hand. Basically she said the forums are cult followings that instill happy feelings where there should be none and realism is not well accepted at these cancer sites.

All I can say is I was happy we were all not sitting around a big circle in person at some type of therapy because I would have leap across the room and slapped the crap out of her. Suffice it to say I made my own point and I will not be writing her again in the blog but ignoring her, no matter what she says. Negativity, anger or pessimism is not in my vocabulary and I refuse to listen to it.

Chemo/rad starts Monday so I do not know how often I will be in here. If I cannot and a week goes by, I will have Rich come in and write a little blerb - but then I need to teach him how to do this on my laptop. Oh boy.

Know that I appreciate each and every one of you. Be well, Marilyne

8 comments:

  1. It is an amazing journey you are on and your courage is astounding. I just caught up on all the posts and what you have been up to--getting ready for your treatment I met Harvey, and do not like him and the chaos he's causing in your life. I hope and pray that chemo/rad gets rid of this little creep and that you feel better soon. Love & Hugs, Georgy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi G. Thanks for your thoughts and love, appreciate it. Yep, the fight starts Monday. I'm ready to use some of my Jersey to majorly kick Harvey's butt. Hugs to you and yours...love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you realize that NOTHING stops a Jersey girl. Especially one from Essex County. Ya know wad I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nanc - that gave me a great laugh...Essex County rocks! Forgetaboutit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Marilyne

    I am so sorry you have to go through this. Just remember it is beatable. I had a 40 percent chance of beating ovarian cancer, and that was 18 years ago.

    I remember how you were there for me with the lamb with 8 rings for each chemo. What you are going through is much more painful. Every time I had chemo I pictured The Holy Spirit zapping every tiny cancer cell with the fire of his love. Nothing can overcome God. I love you and I'm praying for you.

    Andrea Radway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello An - I listened to your voicemail and did not call back just yet. Asked Dolores for your email. I vividly remember that time you had cancer, it was very emotional. We cried together every day. I felt helpless not being able to do much for you except be there. I understand how, while we have people around us who care, we still do this alone except for the grace of God with us. I had forgotten about the lamb and the rings - but I know you were a fighter and had strong belief - I never forgot that. I carry that with me now. Please continue to pray. I will try to see you soon. Love, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know what I would have said to this woman? "Bitch Please!! You don't know me!!"

    hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meg...you are talking about "daisy downer" from the cancer site? Oh she is back. I've never met anyone with such a horrid angry attitude in my life. I totally ignore her now and just respond to everyone around her. There is nothing wrong with being angry (part of grieving process) but to carry it two years after a NED diagnosis she needs obvious help in coping. I'd be so happy with that diagnosis, even with a possible chance of it coming back...why waste time in worry or anger about it - does not make sense to me.

    ReplyDelete